STRONG. The Magazine for Girls, a quarterly print publication aimed at empowering and inspiring tween and teen girls, is celebrating its first birthday by making issues 1-4 available in digital format free of charge in a Summer Reading Special.
The brainchild of founder, editor, and publisher Sarah Beach, and headquartered here in Wilton, STRONG was first conceived in March 2017 and launched after a successful Kickstarter campaign in the summer of the same year. STRONG aims to boost confidence and self-esteem in middle school aged girls with articles about strong female role models as well as ordinary girls doing extraordinary things.
STRONG regularly focuses on:
- Girls and women working in STEM fields and other non-traditional roles.
- Girls around the world making a change and doing good
- Maintaining a STRONG Body and a STRONG Mind with regular contributions from our nutritionist and our clinical social worker
- Girls growing up in other countries and cultures
- STRONG female role models
- Practical skills such as mending a puncture in your bike tire, installing and maintaining smoke alarms, and getting stains out of clothes or furniture
- Life skills such as personal finance, time management and kitchen knife skills
- Ordinary girls who have battled adversity
To take advantage of the summer reading program, please visit the STRONG website.