Here’s a quick list of great Wilton events and programs happening over the weekend, May 23-26, 2014. This roundup includes Monday, May 26, when Memorial Day is observed.
Have an event that’s not listed? Email us at email@example.com and we’ll put it up ASAP.
Friday, May 23 – Monday, May 26
- Frock and Frill Sample Sale, 237 Danbury Rd.: Frock and Frill will hold a sample sale from May 23-26, at 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on Friday and Saturday; from noon-4 p.m. on Sunday; and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on Monday. The store will have samples from Kersh, Press, Lavand, Ginger, Soul and Nanavatee, as well as others.
Friday, May 23 — Sunday, May 25
- Wilton Sport Shop “Thank You Sale,” 426 Danbury Rd.: To thank Wilton for 38 years of support, Wilton Sport Shop is hosting a ‘Thank You’ sale, offering 20% off everything in stock. Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Saturday 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.; and Sunday 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Closed Memorial Day.
Saturday, May 24 and Sunday, May 25
- Weir Farm Grand Opening Weekend, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Weir Farm, 735 Nod Hill Rd.: Connecticut’s sole National Park, Weir Farm, is reopening to the public on Saturday, May 24 and Sunday, May 25. The historical property has been refurbished for the reopening, and will soon be open for both guided and self-guided tours. See our GOOD Morning Wilton story.
- Open house at Animals In Distress, 1-4 p.m., 238 Danbury Rd.
Saturday, May 24
- Wilton Rotary Club Open Arts and Crafts Show, 10 a.m.–4 p.m., Town Green: The Wilton Rotary Club is hosting an arts and crafts show on the Town Green. There will be a silent auction, as well as over 40 booths with handmade crafts to browse.
- Wilton Pony Club 60th Anniversary, 7-10 PM, 257 Hurlbutt St.: Celebrating its 60th anniversary, the Wilton Pony Club is holding an event at the Ambler Farm Carriage Barn. Hors d’oeuvres and cocktails will be provided, and there will be a silent auction. $25 contribution per person. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to rsvp.
Sunday, May 25
- Get Smart for Wilton 5K Race, 9 a.m., Wilton High School Track: The Wilton Education Foundation holds its annual Memorial Day Weekend 5K race to raise money for Wilton schools. Pre-registration can be done at Comstock on Friday, May 23, 9-11 a.m. and 5:30-6:30 p.m.. Registration can also be done on the day of the race at 8 a.m. There is an entry fee of $25. The top three male and female finishers will receive cash prizes, and awards will be given by division.
Monday, May 26
- 41st Annual Kiwanis Memorial Day Pancake Breakfast, 8-10:30 a.m., Congregational Church, 70 Ridgefield Rd.: The Kiwanis Club is holding its Annual Memorial Day Pancake Breakfast at the Congregational Church. Entry fee is $10 for adults and $5 for children. All proceeds will go to Wilton-based charities.
- Memorial Day Parade, 10 a.m., 21 River Road: The annual Memorial Day Parade marches through Wilton Center, up by the Veterans Green, past the Old Town Hall and the Congregational Church, and to the cemetery.