- This event has passed.
“How To Talk So Kids Will Listen, & Listen So Kids Will Talk” Parenting Workshops–FULL
November 19, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until November 26, 2019
An event every week that begins at 9:30 am on Thursday, repeating until November 21, 2019
This program, developed by the authors of the book by the same name, uses lessons, role-play, and practice to help parents develop more effective skills for communicating with their children. In this workshop, participants will learn how to:
- Engage your child’s willing cooperation
- Deal with your child’s negative feelings–frustration, disappointment, anger
- Express your anger without being hurtful
- Set firm limits and still maintain goodwill
- Use alternatives to punishment that promote self-discipline
- Encourage positive relationships between your children
- Resolve family conflicts peacefully
The workshops are free and limited to Wilton parents. Space is limited and registration will be accepted as received.
Tuesday Evenings* (For Parents of All Ages)
Oct. 15, 22, 29, and Nov. 12, 19, 26, 7-8:30 p.m. at Comstock Community Center, Rm. 30
Facilitated by: Kathy Weiss and Kim Zemo
Register online *Deadline to register is Thursday, Oct. 10. Minimum of 10 participants for program to run.
Thursday Mornings (For Parents of All Ages)
Oct. 17, 24, 31, and Nov. 7, 14, 21, 9:30-11 a.m. at Comstock Community Center, Rm. 30
Facilitated by: Nicole Mok and Bonnie Schnitzler
This is a Wilton Public Schools program, in partnership with Wilton Youth Council. Please email Genevieve Eason with questions.