Welcome to the GOOD Morning Wilton community! Like any good community, we hope everyone keeps in mind the rights and responsibilities we each have to make sure things keep running smoothly. This page explains some of our basic policies and the guidelines we ask everyone to follow.
Please note, these policies and guidelines are subject to change at any time depending on events or changes within the GMW community.
Commentary, debate and discussion are welcomed and encouraged! Part of the GOOD Morning Wilton mission is to encourage Wilton residents to be more involved and aware of what’s happening within our community. We hope you’re as passionate about what happens in our town as we are, and that you want to be a part of making it great.
That doesn’t mean we all have to agree. In fact, learning that your neighbors may feel differently—and why—is all part of learning to be a complex, multidimensional community. Most important to us here at GOOD Morning Wilton is that we all respect that fact—and that we respect one another. We hope the members of the community (i.e. all of you) will be proactive about reminding anyone who isn’t respectful about just what kind of place this site strives to be.
Along those lines, all comments will be moderated and the editors of GOOD Morning Wilton reserve the right to delete any comment. It is not the intent to censor or block any particular viewpoint or opinion, we’re just trying to keep the GMW community a place where everyone treats one another in a respectful way. Deletion of comments will be at the sole discretion of GOOD Morning Wilton editors and GMW shall have no obligation to retain any comment deemed inappropriate or otherwise detracting from the site. Editors will use the following criteria as a basis for allowing comments to remain and therefore we ask you to please abide by the following in all comments and communication:
- Signing your full, real name goes a long way toward improving your chances of having your comments remain published on the site.
- Please feel free to share your thoughts, opinions, suggestions, eyewitness accounts or information, especially if it furthers a story and discussion. Comments that cannot be verified or that are based in rumor and hearsay will be removed at the discretion of the editors.
- No profane, abusive, violent, racist, sexist, bigoted, offensive, unlawful, threatening, harassing, degrading, abusive, pornographic language. Turning off CAPS LOCK also goes a long way.
- Please do not publish personal information about another member of the community.
- Please do not insult or attack another commenter or writer on the site. Let’s discuss the ideas, not the person suggesting them.
- Please avoid comments that are clearly commercial or promoting a product; also, try to stay on topic.
You are responsible for the comments that you post on the site. Your participation on the site signals your agreement that you will not hold GOOD Morning Wilton responsible or liable for any comments, contributions or information contributed by other users.
If you continue to disregard any of the guidelines posted by GOOD Morning Wilton, we retain the right to ban you as a user for violating these policies.
We may use comments (partially or in full) on our website, or in another form of technology and communication.
If you feel someone has not followed these guidelines, you can always send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone who accesses the GOOD Morning Wilton site is a “User.” By becoming a User, the User agrees to abide by the following terms of service and agree to indemnify, defend and hold GMW harmless for any violation of these rules.
Information provided by GOOD Morning Wilton (including, but not limited to news, articles, editorials, photographs, illustrations, video, advertising, links, etc.) is not guaranteed, and it is understood that any use of the information is at the User’s own risk. Usage of the website and the information contained herein signifies agreement that Users will not hold GMW liable for any inaccurate, incomplete, outdated or missing information, or for materials which they find via links to outside sources published on the site.
Accessing GOOD Morning Wilton may require registration, including but not limited to signing up for an account and providing a user name, email address and password. Accounts are for individual, personal use. Users agree to maintain accounts only for personal usage, and to refrain from transferring accounts to any other individual. We require email addresses be valid emails for Users, and we ask users to consider using their real names. GOOD Morning Wilton does not maintain a list of passwords, and we remind users to follow safe protocols to protect the security of passwords, as users are solely responsible for any password security or unauthorized use of such.
Information that is required for User registration is transmitted securely using SSL protocol, including data encryption. Any financial transactions conducted via the website are processed through PayPal, and their privacy and security policy can be viewed here. Information collected for newsletter registration is maintained by MailChimp, and their privacy and security policy can be viewed here. GOOD Morning Wilton does not collect or maintain financial or personal information, and we never sell lists or data.
By using the site, users agree to abide by the “Conduct Guidelines” explained herein, and they accept responsibility for any and all content they post or transmit to other users via the website and all other media.
Without limitation, users agree to not post or transmit to other users any content that:
- violates the privacy of another individual;
- is profane, abusive, violent, racist, sexist, bigoted, offensive, unlawful, threatening, harassing, degrading, defamatory or pornographic;
- incites, encourages or initiates violence;
- infringes or violates another individual’s copyrights or intellectual property rights without permission
- is illegal or promotes any illegal activities;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- contains any advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
All editorial control over GMW and the display of any content is in its sole discretion. GMW may include, edit or remove any Content at any time without notice.
Termination of Access