- This event has passed.
It Happens Here: What to Know and How to Help Children Experiencing Domestic Violence
October 29, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
In light of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Wilton Youth Council invites you to learn more about how you can support children in our community.
In this webinar, participants will learn:
- the risks of children’s exposure to domestic violence and how caring adults can support resiliency
- how to identify children who are experiencing violence at home
- how to help and where to find resources.
- Georgette Harrison, LPC, Child Guidance Center of Southern CT
- Ann Rodwell-Lawton, MSW, Domestic Violence Crisis Center
- Captain Robert Cipolla, Wilton Police Department
This webinar is appropriate for anyone who interacts with children and youth, including parents, teachers and school staff, youth coaches, clergy and other concerned adults.
Submit questions in advance via email.
Sponsored by: Wilton Social Services and Youth Services, Wilton Police Department, Domestic Violence Crisis Center, Wilton Domestic Violence Task Force, Child Guidance Center of Southern CT, and Wilton Youth Council
See more related GMW stories...
- October 29, 2021
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- discussion, Free, Not for profit, Online, Parenting, Presentation, Webinar
- Event Tags:
- Capt. Rob Cipolla, Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Wilton Domestic Violence Task Force, Wilton Police Department, Wilton Social Services, Wilton Youth Council
- Wilton Social Services
- Wilton Youth Services
- Wilton Police Department
- Wilton Youth Council
- Domestic Violence Task Force
- Is this event
- Free, Not For Profit
- Genevieve Eason
Reshaping Reality: Middle Schoolers in the MirrorMay 30 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on May 30, 2023 at 3:30 pm
Breathe Easier: Navigating the Hazards of Indoor and Outdoor Air PollutionMay 30 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Navigating the Youth Sports Landscape — POSTPONEDMay 31 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm