ABC House Tour Opens Doors of Spectacular Wilton Homes to Open Doors for Scholars
One of the hottest tickets in Wilton is the admission ticket for the 2017 Wilton House Tour to benefit A Better Chance of Wilton (ABC). This year’s tour features six spectacular Wilton Homes, plus a new optional Preview Party and tour of a 7th home–an incredible hill top residence unlike anything else in Wilton. Tickets are now on sale for both the Friday, June 2 tour and the Preview Party on Friday, May 19.
GOOD Morning Wilton is thrilled to once again be a lead sponsor. Over the course of the next six weeks leading up to the tour, we’ll be bringing you exclusive access to the stories behind some of the homes and even a sneak peek into what you might find on tour day. Plus we’ll be able to share special stories about the scholars and ABC itself, to reveal just why it’s so amazing to support an organization like ABC.
Just as the tour lets attendees unlock the doors of some of the most extraordinary homes in Wilton, the event celebrates ABC’s 20 years of unlocking the key to success for ABC scholars.
From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on June 2, house “tourists” will be able to look inside some inspiring houses:
- A gorgeous hilltop antique built in the 1820s that has evolved through the years with details reflective of the times. Splendid, multi-tiered landscaping completes this one of a kind home in the heart of Wilton.
- An exquisite stone and shingle home built in 2001 that includes all of the bells and whistles of contemporary home design. It features a kitchen that was fully renovated in 2015.
- A gracious Frazier Peters Tudor built in 1925 in one of Wilton’s most desirable neighborhoods, remodeled to meet the needs of today’s lifestyle. A lovely new patio creates a smooth indoor/outdoor flow.
- A beautiful Colonial home with three floors of gracious living space, including a walk-out patio with a stunning contemporary pool. Features a newly renovated first floor and kitchen.
- A stately Greek Revival home built c. 1835 on land acquired from George Middlebrook. Transformed into a gracious and elegant Colonial revival in the 1940s and thoughtfully renovated by the current owners.
- PLUS! A bonus 6th house–Stop in for coffee at this Federal style 1810 home, built by the Nathan Comstock family, listed on the National Historical Register, and recently restored with some modern living updates.
Guests will discover the addresses of the homes on the tour on the morning of the event, when they make their first stop at Comstock Community Center to pick up their maps.
New Preview Party
For the first time, the ABC House Tour will kick off with a Preview Party and tour of an additional, 7th home. A very limited number of tickets are available for this optional event on Friday, May 19 at 6:30-8:30 p.m.. Like no other home in Wilton, this spectacular pyramid house sits atop a hill with views of Long Island Sound on one of Wilton’s premiere streets. A sustainable project, this house integrates geothermal heating and cooling systems, renewable materials like bamboo floors and eco-friendly paints and finishes.
How Much are Tickets–and How to Purchase
Tickets are priced as follows:
- June 2 six-home House Tour: $60
- May 19 Preview Party and host home tour: $125
- BOTH House Tour and Preview Party: $175
Tickets can be purchased in advance on the ABC House Tour webpage. Tickets are also available for purchase at Wilton Hardware, Signature Style and Open House Gift Shop.
Participants who enjoy lunch on the day of the tour at one of four favorite Wilton gathering places can also help ABC. These restaurants have agreed to donate a portion of their proceeds during lunch on June 2 to ABC Wilton when you mention your participation on the House Tour to your server:
Bianco Rosso Wine Bar & Restaurant
Cactus Rose Restaurant & Tequila Bar
Craft 14 Kitchen + Bar
Marly’s Bar & Bistro
Joining GOOD Morning Wilton as lead sponsors are: Ring’s End; The Davala Family; Titus Built, LLC; The Reynolds Family; Karen Morneau Photography; and Wilton Magazine.