The community will join together Friday evening, Dec. 6 for Wilton’s Annual Holiday Stroll, sponsored by the Wilton Chamber of Commerce and the Town of Wilton! Activities begin at 4:30 p.m. at the Town Green with holiday music and entertainment by the Wilton High School Band, traditional Hanukkah potato latkes at 5 p.m. sponsored by GOOD Morning Wilton, followed by lighting the Christmas lights on Wilton’s new Town Green evergreen tree at 5:30 p.m.!
Immediately after, attendees can gather at the Gazebo to meet Santa as he is escorted by the Wilton Fire Department on the Engine 5 ladder truck. At Schenck’s Island the Wilton Kiwanis Club will be hosting a marshmallow roast and the Wilton Library will welcome strollers to enjoy refreshments and the Holiday Book Sale!
Wilton retailers and businesses in the town center will open their doors Friday evening with refreshments–and great shopping. Supporting local businesses is key to keeping Wilton a vibrant community and a great way to thank them for their generous hospitality during the stroll and beyond. Among the special offers and shoppers will find during the stroll:
- “B” Chic: 10% off all merchandise from 5:30-8:00 pm, cupcakes and refreshments
- Bubble and Brew: serving pastries and hot beverages for purchase
- Classically Cate: refreshments, holiday cookies and a “discount grab bag”
- Halstead Real Estate: open house, buffet of hors d’oeuvres, music and more
- Lang’s Pharmacy: savory bites and refreshments
- Open House Gift Shop: each purchase is entered to win a $25 gift card, purchase a scarf and receive a set of $24 gloves while supplies last, 20% off select ornaments
- Signature Style: refreshments, snacks and extended hours
- Sweet Pierre’s: 10% discount on purchases and serving hot chocolate, cookies and marshmallows
- Town Center Toys: extended hours, snacks and refreshments
- Wilton Hardware: beer, wine, hors d’oeuvres and sweet snacks from Painted Cookie
The Chamber is also encouraging participants to enjoy eating before or after the festivities at one of the many restaurants in the Center.