Chamber: Top-10 Reasons Why Shopping Local in Wilton Matters This Year
To the Editor:
The Wilton Chamber of Commerce is asking everyone in the Town of Wilton to make a conscious choice to Shop Local this holiday shopping season. It is extremely important to support our local businesses to maintain our beautiful and unique community!
When we Shop Local, we all benefit because you are*:
- Keeping your money in Wilton’s economy. For every $100 spent, $68 stays in the community.
- Embracing what makes Wilton unique.
- Creating local jobs. Local businesses are better at creating higher-paying jobs for your neighbors.
- Helping the environment. Shopping locally conserves energy and resources.
- Nurturing community in Wilton. Local business owners know you, and they donate to community causes at a much higher rate than large chains.
- Conserving your tax dollars. Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance and more money available to beautify your community.
- Creating more choice. Locally owned businesses select the items and products they sell, based on their local markets.
- Taking advantage of their expertise. You are friends and neighbors and locally owned businesses have a vested interest in knowing how to serve you. They are passionate about what they do.
- Investing in entrepreneurship. Creativity and entrepreneurship are what the American economy is founded upon. Nurturing local business ensures a strong community.
- Making Wilton a destination. The more interesting and unique our community is, the more we will attract new neighbors, visitors and guests. This benefits everyone!
*Source: Civic Economics–Andersonville Study of Retail Economics
We wish all a wonderful holiday season and thank you for Shopping Local!
Wilton Chamber of Commerce