GMW’s Back To School Dates and Schedules
UPDATE: The information on Open House times for Cider Mill School has been updated. Please note the new times.
As Wilton’s shortest summer ever comes to a close, it’s time for the GOOD Morning Wilton master list of important dates and information for Back to School in Wilton. We’ll continue to update this article as needed–and welcome any suggestions or additional information we may have overlooked. [Readers can always contact us by email.]
Wilton Public Schools
Bus transportation information is now available via the PowerSchool Parent Portal. The Parent Portal contains information on student’s bus route, pick up location and morning pick-up time.
If you are experiencing difficulties logging into the PowerSchool Parent Portal, please call your school’s main office number.
- Miller-Driscoll (Grades PreK-2): 203.762.8678
- Cider Mill (Grades 3-5): 203.762.3351
- Middlebrook (Grades 6-8): 203.762.8388
- Wilton High School (Grades 9-12): 203.762.0381
For questions about your child’s bus route please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203.762.3381, ext. 8295.
Lost & Found–Bus
Articles of clothing are placed in the Lost & Found bin outside the office at the bus terminal. A PTA volunteer regularly empties the bin and places pictures of the articles online. If your child has lost or left something of value, other than clothing, on a bus, please contact the bus company directly at 203.762.8602. They will ask you for the child’s bus number, date lost, and a description of the article.
September School Closures
Monday, Sept. 10: Rosh Hashanah
Wednesday, Sept. 19: Yom Kippur
Join the PTA
Join the PTA and gain access to the Mobile Directory. Register online–use the code ‘wilton’–and get instant access. Register for all four schools’ PTAs at the same time.
Wednesday, Sept. 5: The Parents Advisory Board is transitioning to a Special Education PTA. The first meeting of the year will be held in the Zellner Gallery (Clune Center) at 9:15 a.m.
The link to lunch menus for all four schools can be found online.
To contact Chartwells, the food service provider, contact Brian Reynolds at 203.834.4990, ext. 5221.
To see balances or add money to student lunch accounts, visit My School Bucks online.
Wilton Board of Education
Thursday, Sept. 6, 7 p.m.: Board of Education meeting in the Wilton High School Professional Library.
Wilton High School
Tuesday, Sept. 4: First Day of School! Freshmen will start at 8:20 a.m. and all other students will start at 10:20 a.m.. Full details of the day’s schedule will be posted and emailed soon.
- Bus Run Grade 9: Normal Run
- Freshmen ONLY:
- 8:20-8:55 a.m.: Homeroom/Advisory/Check Lockers
- 8:59-10:15 a.m.: Visit Classes (Periods 1-8)
- 8:59-9:05 Period 1
- 9:09-9:15 Period 2
- 9:19-9:25 Period 3
- 9:29-9:35 Period 4
- 9:39-9:45 Period 5
- 9:49-9:55 Period 6
- 9:59-10:05 Period 7
- 10:09-10:15 Period 8
- Bus Run Grades 10-12: Begins at 9:30 a.m.
- 9:45-10:15 a.m.: Welcome Back Breakfast–Seniors Only
- 10:20-10:45 a.m.: Homeroom/Advisory–All Students
- 10:50-11:15 a.m. Period 1
- 11:20-11:45 a.m. Period 2
- 11:50 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Period 3
- 12:20-12:45 p.m. Period 4
- 12:50-1:15 p.m. Period 5
- 1:20-1:45 p.m. Period 6
- 1:50-2:15 p.m. Period 7
- 2:20-2:50 p.m. Period 8
- Regular lunch waves will not be scheduled. Students will eat lunch during their free period or study hall.
Wednesday, Sept. 5: Day A
Sept. 5, 6, 7, 11 & 12: Senior Photo Days
Friday, Sept. 7: Underclassmen Photo Day
Tuesday, Sept. 11: PTSA Meeting, 7:30 p.m. in the WHS Professional Library
Thursday, Sept. 13: Open House, 6 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 22: Homecoming
Tuesday, Sept. 4: First Day of School for Students. Starts at 8:20 a.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 4: Day 1 on the Middlebrook six-day cycle
Thursday, Sept. 6:
- 9-10 a.m.: New Parent Coffee will be held in the Middlebrook Library Learning Commons (LLC)
- 1-2 p.m.: Brown Bag Lunch with Principal Lauren Feltz
Wednesday, Sept. 12: School Photo Day
Friday, Sept. 21: MB PTA Meeting, 9 a.m.
- Grade 6: Monday, Sept. 24, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Grade 7: Tuesday, Sept. 25, 7-8 p.m.
- Grade 8: Thursday, Sept. 27, 7-8 p.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 4: First Day of School for Students. Starts at 7:40 a.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 4: Day 1 on the Cider Mill eight-day cycle
Wednesday, Sept. 5, 9:15-10:15 a.m.: Cider Mill New Parent Coffee in the Cafeteria with Dr. Mitchell
Tuesday, Sept. 11, 9:15-10:30 a.m.: Cider Mill PTA Meeting in the Cafeteria
*Cider Mill Parent Open House Dates [UPDATED]:
- South (Belden Hill and Kent): Wednesday, Sept. 12, 6-6:45 p.m. classroom teachers
- North (Cannondale and Nod Hill): Monday, Sept. 17, 6-6:45 p.m. classroom teachers
Wednesday, Sept. 26: Photo Day
Tuesday, Sept. 4: First Day of School for K-2 students. Starts at 9:05 a.m..
Wednesday, Sept. 5: First Day of School for Pre-K students
Friday, Sept. 7: Miller-Driscoll Spirit Day
Wednesday, Sept. 12: Open House, Grades 1 & 2 Starts at 7:15 p.m. in the Gym. No children please.
Monday, Sept. 17: Open House, Pre-K & Kindergarten. Starts at 7:15 p.m. in the Gym. No children please.
Monday, Sept. 24: PTA Meeting and Parent Coffee with Principal Kathy Coon. Begins at 9:30 a.m. in the MD Cafeteria.
Sept. 26-28: Picture Days at Miller-Driscoll