TOWN OF WILTON
LEGAL NOTICE OF ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
All electors of the Town of Wilton and all others entitled to vote at a meeting of the Town Meeting pursuant to the General Statutes are hereby notified that the ANNUAL TOWN MEETING of the Town of Wilton will be held in the Clune Center, Wilton, Connecticut on Tuesday, May 7th, 2019, at 7:30 P.M. to consider and act upon the following matters:
- The Annual Budget and tax levy for the Town of Wilton set forth below and submitted by the Board of Finance for the fiscal year commencing July 1, 2019, and to make specific appropriations as are advisable and authorized by law.
BOARD OF FINANCE
TOWN OF WILTON
Upon motions duly made and adopted by unanimous vote with the exception of the following:
Board of Education Budget, which was approved with a 4-2 vote,
Dated at Wilton, Connecticut this 3rd day of April 2019,
In addition, upon motions duly made and adopted by unanimous vote with the exception of the following:
Board of Selectmen Operating Budget, which was approved with a 4-1 vote and Board of Selectmen Operating Capital Budget, which was approved with a 4-1 vote, it was resolved to:
- Recommend to the Annual Town Meeting the appropriation of a budget for expenditures amounting to $126,787,380 for Fiscal Year 2020.
- Levy a tax of 28.5373 mils on the estimated Net Taxable Grand List of October 1, 2018 that is payable one-half of July 1, 2019 and one-half on January 1, 2020, except for bills of $100 or less for personal property or real estate which are payable in one installment July 1, 2019. Taxes on automobiles shall be payable in one installment on July 1, 2019.
Dated at Wilton, Connecticut this 16th day of April 2019,
Jeffrey Rutishauser, Chairman
Walter Kress, Vice Chairman
John Kalamarides, Clerk
Stewart Koenigsberg–Absent from 4/16 meeting
In accordance with Article VII: Sec. C-30 E (3) of the Wilton Charter, the proposed budget is presented below in summary format. Copies of the detailed budget are available for inspection during normal business hours at the Town Clerk’s Office, 238 Danbury Road, or the Board of Education Central Office, 395 Danbury Road, Wilton. Details will also be presented at the Annual Town Meeting.
FY 2020 BUDGET AS RECOMMENDED BY THE BOARD OF FINANCE
BOARD OF SELECTMEN
TOWN OF WILTON
Upon motions duly made and adopted by unanimous vote, on April 15th the following have been endorsed by the Board of Selectmen:
- Resolution Appropriating $3,398,150 For Road and Parking Lot Restoration and Authorizing the Issuance Of $3,398,150 Bonds of the Town to Meet Said Appropriation.
- Resolution Appropriating $350,000 For the Town Hall Roof Replacement and Authorizing the Issuance Of $350,000 Bonds of the Town to Meet Said Appropriation
- Resolution Appropriating $600,000 For the School District Roof Replacement Program and Authorizing the Issuance Of $600,000 Bonds of the Town to Meet Said Appropriation
- Resolution Appropriating $1,300,000 For the Bridge Replacement Program and Authorizing the Issuance Of $1,300,000 Bonds of the Town to Meet Said Appropriation.
Voting will take place immediately following the Annual Town Meeting in the Clune Center Wilton, CT and will be continued on Saturday, May 11th, 2019 from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. in the Clune Center Lobby, Wilton High School, Wilton, CT. Absentee ballots will be available in the Office of the Town Clerk, 238 Danbury Road, Wilton, CT between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. from May 8th through May 10th, 2019. Completed absentee ballots must be returned to the Town Clerk’s Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 10th 2019.
Lynne A. Vanderslice, First Selectman
David K. Clune, Second Selectman
Joshua S. Cole, Selectman
Lori A. Bufano, Selectman
Deborah A. McFadden, Selectman