Primary Voting Info and Notice of Special Voter Enrollment Session
The registrars of voters Annalisa Stravato (R) and Karen Birck (D) will be at Wilton’s Town Hall on Tuesday, July 31, between noon-2 p.m. for the purpose of completing a correct list of all electors who will be entitled to vote in Wilton’s Democratic and Republican primaries on Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2018.
This is an opportunity for residents to ensure that they are registered to vote, to check their party enrollment, and to request that their names be reinstated to the registry list, if previously removed. Unaffiliated voters may also use this time to join a political party if they wish to participate in the Aug. 14 Primary Election. In addition, residents who have made changes to their names or addresses (for example, moved within town) should contact the office to be sure that the corrections have been made.
- New voter registration deadlines are Thursday, Aug. 9–by mail or online—and Monday, Aug. 13 by 12 noon in person.
- Unaffiliated voters may enroll in a party by Thursday, Aug. 9—by mail—or by Monday, Aug. 13 by 12 noon in person.
For the Aug. 14 primaries, all three polling places will be open from 6 a.m.-8 p.m.:
- District 1 at Wilton High School Clune Center (395 Danbury Rd.)
- District 2 at Cider Mill School Main Gym (240 School Rd.)
- District 3 at Middlebrook School Gym (131 School Rd.)
Absentee ballots become available in the town clerk’s office on July 24, 2018.
Residents can download a voter registration form from the town website to change party registration. To confirm registration in a political party or to check a polling place, visit the CT Secretary of State’s website.