Real Estate 2017 in Review: How Wilton Compared to Fairfield County
Lisa Bender is a realtor with the Wilton office of William Raveis and a regular contributor to GOOD Morning Wilton. She writes about the Wilton real estate market. She can be reached at 203.246.6986 or via email.
Now that 2018 is underway, we’ve got the 2017 real estate single-family facts and figures for Wilton and neighboring Fairfield County towns.
Wilton, December 2017
First, let’s talk about December in Wilton itself: the median price in December was $570,000, down 28.1% from $792,500 in December 2016. The three-month median price of $636,250 in December was down from $672,000 in November and $800,000 in December 2016.
Price per square foot in December was $222. This is up from $211 in November but down from $296 in December of 2016.
There were 17 unit sales in December, down from 18 last December. Days on market of 184 in December was up from 175 in November and up from 158 in December of 2016.
2017 Year-End, Single-Family Homes, Wilton vs Fairfield County
Now let’s compare Wilton with some of its neighbors for last year. There’s a chart at the end of the article with stats on all towns in Fairfield County. In general, the number of single-family home sales for surrounding towns increased. The average sales price increased in Darien, Westport and Fairfield, and the average sales price decreased in Wilton, Ridgefield, Weston and New Canaan.
- Average list price: $1,369,712
- Average Sales Price: up 6.63% to $754,766 from $707,850 in 2016
- Number of total units sales: 8,691, up 3.44% from 8,402 in 2016
- Average list price: $1,234,433
- Average sales price: $825,397, down 5.79% from $876,158 in 2016
- Number of units sold: 228, up 1.79% from 224 in 2016
- Average list price: $1,071,186
- Average sales price: $739,848, down .38% from $742,695 in 2016
- Number of sales: 370, up 5.11% from 352 in 2016
- Average list price: $1,051,229
- Average sales price: $857,640, down 5.17% from $904,367 in 2016
- Number of sales: 174, up 6.10% from 164 in 2016
- Average list price: $2,801,113
- Average sales price: $1,706,371, up 1.41% from $1,682,576 in 2016
- Number of sales: 299, up 15% from 260 in 2016
- Average list price: $2,374,845
- Average sales price: $1,758,220, down 3.23% from $1,816,979 in 2016
- Number of sales: 250, up 35.87% from 184 in 2016
- Average list price: $2,102,663
- Average sales price: $1,528,113, up .03% from $1,527,667 in 2016
- Number of sales: 433, up 18.96% from 364 in 2016
- Average list price: $1,150,147
- Average sales price: $729,508, up 3.43% from $705,335 in 2016
- Number of sales: 764, up 5.82% from 722 in 2016
As always, feel free to reach out if you have any specific questions.
*Data courtesy of SMARTMLS. Listing and sales information comes from various sources and may not always be accurate. No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy of this information.