On Wednesday, Jan. 20, Wilton Go Green celebrated its fifth anniversary at Marly’s Bistro and honored three distinguished citizens for their excellence in environmentalism. Heather Priest of Middlebrook School was awarded “Outstanding Green Teacher 2015,” Eve Silverman was awarded “Energizer Bunny Award 2015” and Willa Ratner was awarded “Outstanding Graphic Designer 2015.”
Here’s what each was recognized for:
- Developed new curriculum for family/consumer science classes in sustainability
- Started an organic garden at Middlebrook and introduced students to Farm-to-Table cooking
- Raised the awareness level of healthy eating among the students
- Played an important role in the Green Leaf Program and the No Idle Program.
Co-led the No Idle Program with such enthusiasm that the Wilton School District, the Board of Selectmen
and the town’s businesses joined in the effort. Schools have developed curriculum, more than 250 Wilton residents have
signed ‘No Idle pledges,’ and 75 metal signs have been installed around town. Eve never stops and is working on Stage 2.
- Instrumental in the founding of Wilton Go Green.
- Created the WGG logo and all marketing materials used at the first festival.
- Her work has been part of every project and campaign since the founding of WGG in 2010. Her quiet, creative talent is seen everywhere that WGG has a presence.