Today, close to 500 people will be taking part in the 2017 ABC House Tour, “Opening Our Doors for A Better Chance of Wilton.”
Guests will discover the addresses of the homes on the tour when they make their first stop at Comstock Community Center to pick up their maps. Tickets are available for pickup today, Friday, June 2, from 9-11 a.m.. There are still a limited number of tickets available to purchase at Comstock this morning.
From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., house “tourists” will be able to look inside some inspiring houses:
- A gorgeous hilltop antique built in the 1820s that has evolved through the years with details reflective of the times. Splendid, multi-tiered landscaping completes this one of a kind home in the heart of Wilton.
- An exquisite stone and shingle home built in 2001 that includes all of the bells and whistles of contemporary home design. It features a kitchen that was fully renovated in 2015.
- A gracious Frazier Peters Tudor built in 1925 in one of Wilton’s most desirable neighborhoods, remodeled to meet the needs of today’s lifestyle. A lovely new patio creates a smooth indoor/outdoor flow.
- A beautiful Colonial home with three floors of gracious living space, including a walk-out patio with a stunning contemporary pool. Features a newly renovated first floor and kitchen.
- A stately Greek Revival home built c. 1835 on land acquired from George Middlebrook. Transformed into a gracious and elegant Colonial revival in the 1940s and thoughtfully renovated by the current owners.
- PLUS! A bonus 6th house–Stop in for coffee at this Federal style 1810 home, built by the Nathan Comstock family, listed on the National Historical Register, and recently restored with some modern living updates.
Ticket holders can also enjoy lunch on the day of the House Tour at one of Wilton’s favorite restaurants (reservations recommended). These eateries have agreed to donate a portion of their proceeds during lunch on June 2 to A Better Chance of Wilton when diners mention participating on the House Tour to servers:
- Bianco Rosso Wine Bar & Restaurant (151 Old Ridgefield Rd.)
- Cactus Rose Restaurant & Tequila Bar (5 River Rd.)
- Craft 14 Kitchen + Bar (5 River Rd.)
- Marly’s Bar & Bistro (101 Old Ridgefield Rd.)