Town Officials and Chamber of Commerce Set Annual Holiday Stroll Details
The annual Holiday Stroll will be held on Friday, Dec. 6, beginning at 5:30 p.m. on the Wilton Center Town Green. The Wilton Chamber of Commerce, Wilton Kiwanis, and the Town of Wilton have planned a variety of events to celebrate the holidays and the arrival of winter. Residents are invited to bring family and friends to Wilton Center to welcome in the season!
Among the events scheduled for the evening:
- Children of all ages can participate in holiday crafts and activities on the Town Green, featuring free cookie painting (nut free) with The Painted Cookie and potato latkes sponsored by GOOD Morning Wilton. Enjoy festive music provided by the Wilton High School band and local holiday carolers.
- Tree lighting on the Town Green at 5:30 p.m. followed by the Wilton Fire Department’s escort of Santa on the Engine 5 ladder truck. Santa will visit with children at the gazebo on the Town Green, where they can share their holiday wishes and receive a special treat from Santa.
- Marshmallow Roast at Schenck’s Island from 5:30-8 p.m. sponsored by Wilton Kiwanis. Enjoy hot chocolate and roasted marshmallows by the warmth of the campfire.
- From 5:30-7:30 p.m., Wilton Library will be welcoming visitors with refreshments by the warmth of the fireplace. Take an ‘ornament’ from the Giving Tree to help the library with its wish list, give Hanukkah Gelt to the Children’s Library for its collection, peruse the Holiday Book Sale and the art exhibition for holiday gift giving, and vote for your favorite entry for the “How Sweet it is in Wilton” Gingerbread House Contest. There will be something for everyone!
- Take a stroll through town and visit, shop and enjoy the generous hospitality of retailers, restaurants, and local businesses.
The Holiday Stroll is an outdoor event. In the event of rain, Santa will be at the Wilton Library from 5:30-7:30 p.m..