Turning Wilton into Gingerbread
Can’t you just imagine a gingerbread house version of Ambler Farm‘s distinctive red barn?
Wilton Library and the Wilton Chamber of Commerce are inviting families, groups and individuals to submit gingerbread or other edible models of Wilton houses or buildings to be put on display in the library. Drop off dates for the creations are Sunday, Dec. 2, from 1-4 p.m. and Monday, Dec. 3, from 10 a.m.-7:30 p.m..
Entries will be judged in two age groups – 12-and-under and ages 13-to-adult. Winners will be judged in three categories–best historical Wilton house, best creative Wilton building, and best whimsical design. From Dec. 4-18, visitors to the library also can vote for their favorite models. Winners will be announced Dec. 19. Winning submissions, including the Community Favorite, will be awarded Wilton Chamber gift certificates. Entries will remain on display through Jan. 2, 2019.
- Create an edible model of a Wilton building or house
- All ages are welcome to participate, with two age categories for competition: Child (12 & under), and Adult (13 & over)
- Only one entry per each entrant (solo or group)
- Maximum footprint of the base cannot exceed 20″ x 20″
- All designs must be completely edible except for base
- Use only non-perishable food for display
Drop-Off and Removal
- Completed entries must be delivered to the Wilton Library on Sunday, Dec. 2, 1-4:30 p.m. or Monday, Dec. 3, 10 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Fill out and submit entry form entry to the Reference Desk at Wilton Library
- All entries must be picked up on Jan. 3, 2019, 10 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
Voting and Prizes
- Entries will be judged in both age groups by prominent community members
- Judges will choose winners from three categories:
- Best historical Wilton house
- Best creative Wilton building
- Best whimsical design
- Community members are invited to vote for a community favorite
- Voting for community members opens Tuesday, Dec. 4 and closes Tuesday, Dec. 18
- The prize in each category will be a $25 Chamber of Commerce gift certificate, which may be used at any merchant member of the Chamber.
- Winners will be announced on Wednesday, Dec. 19 at 4 p.m.
Suggested Building Materials
Rice Crispie treats
Ice cream cones
Visit the Wilton Library website for an entry form.