Two Wilton Dancers Fundraise at Dancing with the Stars for Elder House
ElderHouse Adult Day Center launched the New Year by announcing its local business community star lineup of dancers for the 6th Annual Dancing with the Stars, one of the area’s most energetic gala events. This year two Wilton residents–Nancy Pantoliano and Scott McKessy–are among the eight local business leaders who have traded in their business attire for dance shoes and kicked off 2019 in full practice mode on the dance floor.
This year’s star dancers were introduced to and paired with their professional dance instructor partners on Jan. 3 at Norwalk’s Fred Astaire Dance Studio. They immediately began the demanding process required to compete. They have less than three months to prepare–the event is being held Saturday, March 23, from 6-11 p.m., at Rolling Hills Country Club in Wilton.
The gala showcases eight Fairfield County business leaders, who each dance with an award-winning professional and donate their time learning choreography, practicing routines, honing their newfound skills to perfection, and competing.
The notable lineup of 2019 dancers from Fairfield County includes:
- Karen Bradbury, Design Director/Owner, Closet & Storage Concepts, with Fred Astaire dance professional and studio owner Martin Goethsche
- Lukas Macniak, Co-founder/Vice President, ABR Builders LLC, with Fred Astaire dance professional Tatyana Larina
- Scott McKessy, Partner, Halloran & Sage LLP, with Fred Astaire dance professional Tatyana Larina
- Duane R. Morgan, Partner, Morgan Levine Dolan, PC, with Fred Astaire dance professional Anna Belyavtseva
- Nancy Pantoliano, Office Leader, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, with Fred Astaire dance professional Alexander Andrianov
- Anthony M. Roncalli, EVP, PLP Associates Holdings LP, with Fred Astaire dance professional Anna Belyavtseva
- Karen K. Scott, Realtor/Partner, KMS Partners | Compass, with Fred Astaire dance professional Manuel Trillo
- Debbie Spinola, Owner, Partners Café & Pizzeria, with Fred Astaire dance professional Manuel Trillo
The star dancers will be competing for coveted top awards including: Best Male and Female Performances, chosen by an esteemed panel of judges; People’s Choice, voted by attendees for their favorite star dancers; and Best Friend to ElderHouse for the best fundraising efforts.
“We are incredibly grateful to have these eight volunteer dancers whose time, energy, and enthusiasm for ElderHouse will undoubtedly make this year’s event another huge success,” said Denise Cesareo, executive director at ElderHouse, the Norwalk, CT-based nonprofit adult day center. “Thanks to our six-year partnership with Martin and Gina Goethche, owners of Fred Astaire Dance Studio in Norwalk, we have created a remarkable fundraising event enjoyed by all who have attended, which raises important funds to support programs at ElderHouse.”
Dancing with the Stars Gala Benefit is ElderHouse’s largest annual fundraising event, and brings in significant and vital support, which helps to sustain its award-winning program of adult care, socialization, and recreational activities to a senior population living with aging diseases. Funds are raised through ticket sales, pledges, onsite voting, live auction, and a paddle raise. At this annual Dancing with the Stars fundraising event, business community leaders generously join with Fred Astaire Dance Studio in a commitment to raise funds and awareness for this highly valuable Fairfield County eldercare resource.
For more information on how to donate, make a pledge to a favorite dancer, or purchase event tickets, contact ElderHouse at 203.847.1998 or visit the ElderHouse website.