Have you ever read a GOOD Morning Wilton story and wanted to add your two-cents? Getting the community engaged in the conversation about the issues is one of the things we try to encourage, and having readers be able to comment on articles is an important part of that.
We realized that so many new readers have joined us since we started publishing back in August, we thought it would be a good time for a refresher on how to comment and become part of the discussion.
First off, if you want to leave a comment on any article, scroll down to the bottom of the page. There you’ll see a section called “Leave a Reply.” You’ll need to “Log in” in order to comment. Click “login”:
You’ll come to a log in screen. If you haven’t done so already, click ‘Register’ to create a ‘Username’ and ‘Password.’ It’s not imperative, but we always encourage people to use a real first-and-last-name username because it lends a certain credibility to your comments for the other readers.
Once you have that username and password combo, use it to sign in.
Once you’ve logged in, scroll down to the bottom of the article again. There, you’ll see a comment field. Go ahead and type in your comment. When you’re done, simply click ‘Post Comment.’ And that’s it. Easy.
There are a few things we’d like you to keep in mind when you do comment, just to ensure that the GMW community is one that stays respectful.
- Please feel free to share your thoughts, opinions, suggestions, eyewitness accounts or information, especially if it furthers a story and discussion.
- No profane, abusive, violent, racist, sexist, bigoted, offensive, unlawful, threatening, harassing, degrading, abusive, pornographic language. Turning off CAPS LOCK also goes a long way.
- Please do not publish personal information about another member of the community.
- Please do not insult or attack another commenter or writer on the site. Let’s discuss the ideas, not the person suggesting them.
- Please avoid comments that are clearly commercial or promoting a product; also, try to stay on topic.
We look forward to hearing what you think!