Here’s a glimpse at some recent changes on the business horizon in Wilton. We’ve reported on some already; those we haven’t written about yet, we’ll be covering in the coming weeks. In the meantime, here’s a look at what changes we’ve seen in just the last month or so. Spot any we missed? Let us know in the comments or by emailing email@example.com.
1. Peachwave Frozen Yogurt opened at 142 Old Ridgefield Rd. GOOD Morning Wilton profiled the new store just before it opened.
2. Ura Spa at 444 Danbury Rd., at the corner of Rt. 7 and Cannon Rd, in front of Yogapata (itself a newcomer since this summer). According to the Ura Spa Facebook page, the spa offers “a full range of traditional and customized spa services. To Experience Ura is to Commit to Whole Body Enrichment. A Realization of Ones Potential for Physical, Emotional and Spiritual Growth. More than a Spa, An Enhancement of the Soul.” They’ll offer massage, skincare, body treatments, spray tans and bronzing, reiki, reflexology, cranialsacral therapy, chakra balancing, medical aesthetics, and a gift store.
3. Sushi Coshi CLOSED: The Japanese restaurant tucked into the River Road plaza, behind the Gap and Wilton Hardware, has closed.
4. Lost and Found, 300 Danbury Rd., suite 410. GOOD Morning Wilton profiled this adorable antique and vintage furniture store shortly before it opened last week.
5. Athlete’s Foot, CLOSED; The store next to Swizzles Frozen Yogurt, across from Chou Chou, has closed.
6. GNC, 5 River Rd. This store just opened next to Cactus Rose in the Stop & Shop Plaza.
7. Frock & Frill, 237 Danbury Rd., right next to Naked Greens. GOOD Morning Wilton profiled this store earlier this fall.
8. Blue Star Bazaar will open a boutique at 146 Danbury Road, in the Old Hurlbutt Street Post Office at Lambert Corner (at the intersection of Rt. 7 and Westport Rd.. The shop will feature apparel for women and children, accessories (including jewelry, handbags, and scarves), and heirloom quality toys. A grand opening is scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 9. Refreshments, special discounts, and free prizes will be offered throughout the day. GOOD Morning Wilton profiled the store just this past week.
9. Dr. Michael Lewin, 134 Old Ridgefield Rd. The asthma and allergy specialist recently moved his CT office from the Crossways Plaza near Wilton Jewelers, to this spot directly in Wilton Center on Old Ridgefield Rd. Dr. Lewin, who treats both children and adults, also has an office in Manhattan.