Lynne Vanderslice, First Selectwoman announced that the Town of Wilton received approvals for funding to rehabilitate or replace the Arrowhead Road Bridge over the Norwalk River and additional funding to rehabilitate or replace the Lovers Lane Bridge over Comstock Brook. The bridge rehabilitation/replacement projects would receive federal funds under the Federal Local Bridge Program administered by the CT Department of Transportation.

The preliminary design for both bridges will begin January 2020. At this time, it is anticipated that construction will likely begin in 2022 or 2023.

Vanderslice points out that local and state policy encourages early information to citizens on such projects and encourages people to raise any concerns with municipal officials early in the planning process. Anyone wanting additional information should contact Frank Smeriglio, (assistant director of Public Works/town engineer) at 203.563.0152 or via e-mail.

The cost of the design for the bridge rehabilitations/replacements would receive 80% reimbursement from federal aid with the remaining 20% from state funds. The cost of rights-of-way activities and the cost of the construction phase would receive 80% reimbursement from federal aid and the remaining 20% from local funds.

The federal aid for the project was authorized under the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP – 21) administered by the Federal Highway Administration and the Connecticut Department of Transportation.