The Registrars of Voters Annalisa Stravato (R) and Karen Birck (D) will be at the Wilton Town Hall on Tuesday, July 28 between 12-2 p.m. for the purpose of completing a correct list of all electors who will be entitled to vote in Wilton’s Democratic and Republican primaries on August 11, 2020.
This is an opportunity for residents to ensure that they are registered to vote, to check their party enrollment, and to request that their names be reinstated to the registry list, if previously removed. Unaffiliated voters may also use this time to join a political party if they wish to participate in the August 11 Primary Election. In addition, residents who have made changes to their names or addresses (for example, moved within town) should contact the office to be sure that the corrections have been made.
The registrars are required by statute to hold this session on Tuesday even though the Wilton Town Hall is still closed to the public. For residents who need to see the registrars in-person at Town Hall (for instance to fill out a paper voter registration card in order to register or make a change in registration), there will be a sign on the doors with instructions how to call the registrars. They will be met by one of the registrars at the back door. Phone calls and emails about registration, polling place, etc. are preferred and always welcome.
- New voter registration deadlines are August 6–by mail or online–and August 10 by 12 noon in person.
- Unaffiliated voters may enroll in a party by August 6–by mail—or by August 10, by 12 noon in person.
- The deadline for changing from one major party to the other major party and to be eligible to vote in the new party’s primary has already passed.
For the August 11 primaries, all three polling places will be open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.. Note that the location of the polling place within Cider Mill and Middlebrook Schools has changed.
• District 1 at Wilton High School Clune Center
• District 2 at Cider Mill School Cafeteria (enter to the left of the main door to the school)
• District 3 at Middlebrook School Cafeteria (enter under the canopy at the rear of the school)
Absentee ballots become available in the Town Clerks’ office on July 21, 2020.