BREAKING NEWS: Tree Worker in Wilton Sent to Hospital After Being Electrocuted
BREAKING NEWS: Wilton Police issued a news release about an incident that occurred on Wednesday, June 5, 2019, involving a 25-year-old man who was electrocuted while working with a tree crew.
At 6:38 p.m. Wednesday, officers responded to a Ruscoe Road home after reports of a 25-year-old male who had been electrocuted. According to Lt. Robert Kluk of the Wilton Police Department, upon arrival officers found the male unresponsive and provided emergency medical care. The male was transported to Norwalk Hospital where he remains in critical condition after sustaining life threatening injuries.
Preliminary investigation reveals that the injured man, a resident of Stamford, was working with a tree crew from M. Lato Tree Company at the Ruscoe Rd. home, trimming trees in the driveway. The boom on the truck came in contact with the power lines, which run down the driveway, energizing the truck. The victim, who was working on the ground, was shocked when he attempted to open the door of the truck.
The incident in still under investigation by the Wilton Police Department and OSHA. Police say they have no further information on the condition of the worker at this time.