Wilton’s annual Holiday Stroll will be held on Friday, Dec. 7, beginning at 4 p.m. on the Town Green in Wilton Center. This year the Wilton Chamber of Commerce, Kiwanis Club of Wilton, and the Town of Wilton have planned an expanded schedule of events to celebrate Hanukah, Christmas, and the arrival of winter. Community officials invite everyone to bring family and friends to Wilton Center to welcome in the season!
The schedule of events has been set to include:
- Menorah Lighting on the Town Green at 4 p.m.. GOOD Morning Wilton is pleased to participate in this year’s Holiday Stroll by providing traditional potato latkes (pancakes) for everyone to enjoy.
- Children of all ages can participate in holiday crafts and activities on the Town Green, featuring free cookie painting (nut free) with The Painted Cookie. Enjoy festive music provided by the Wilton High School band and local holiday carolers.
- Tree lighting on the Town Green at 5 p.m. followed by Santa’s arrival. Santa will visit with children at the gazebo on the Town Green where they can share their holiday wishes and receive a special treat from Santa.
- Marshmallow Roast at Schenck’s Island from 5-8 p.m. sponsored by Kiwanis Club of Wilton. Enjoy hot chocolate and roasted marshmallows by the warmth of the campfire.
- Wilton Library will be welcoming visitors with refreshments by the warmth of the fireplace. Visit the Holiday Book Sale and Art Exhibition for holiday gift giving.
- Strolling, shopping and visiting through town to enjoy the generous hospitality of retailers, restaurants, and local businesses.
The Holiday Stroll is an outdoor event. In the event of rain, Santa will be at the Wilton Library from 5-7 p.m..