On Thursday evening (Nov. 21), State Representatives Gail Lavielle (R-143) and Tom O’Dea (R-125) will be hosting a discussion on youth vaping. They’ve invited a panel of local and state leaders, medical experts and other stakeholders come together to talk about the issue. Members of the community are welcome to attend in person at Trackside Teen Center (15 Station Rd.) but for anyone who can’t be there, GOOD Morning Wilton is making the discussion available via live-stream.
We’ll be broadcasting the event live, right here. Bookmark this page to come back to watch the event when it starts at 6:30 p.m. and is scheduled to conclude at 8:30 p.m..
- Dr. Alicia Briggs, Chair, Norwalk Hospital Department of Pediatrics
- Elizabeth Jorgensen, CADC, Insight Counseling
The panelists include:
- Dr. Kevin Smith, Wilton Public Schools Superintendent
- Dr. Robert O’Donnell, Wilton High School Principal
- Chief John Lynch, Wilton Police Department
- Dr. Bryan Luizzi, Superintendent New Canaan Public Schools
- Genevieve Eason, Wilton Youth Council
- Colleen Fawcett, Wilton Youth Services
- Liza Starnino, Wilton Youth Services
- Rishabh Raniwala, Wilton High School Student Body President
- Wilton Youth to Youth Student Representatives
- William D. Egan, New Canaan High School Principal
- Theo Kammerer, New Canaan High School Student Body President
In-Person attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions. This event is free and open to the public.