FIRST UP on GMW: Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019
This column will run frequently each week, highlighting shorter announcements or updates, and help you get a quick start to the Wilton news of the day. Have a news tip, item or something you know people are chattering about? Email us at email@example.com.
UPDATED, 11 A.M.–With snow heading toward Wilton on Tuesday, Feb. 12, several closures have been announced:
- Wilton Public Schools and offices are closed.
- Our Lady of Fatima School is closed.
- All Wilton YMCA The Y will close at 1 p.m. today. Both pools will close at 12:30 p.m.. All program classes and group fitness classes are canceled (including classes held at the gymnastics center). Swim Team, Gymnastics Team, Nursery School, the After-school Program, Child Watch and Babysitting are also canceled.
- Wilton Library will be closing at noon today. All afternoon and evening programs have been canceled.
- Wilton Historical Society will be closing at noon today.
The Difference Wilton Rocks Makes
During this past weekend’s budget session in front of the Board of Selectmen, director of Wilton Social Services Sarah Heath told the BOS members that she’s been able to cut $11,000 from her budget for the Wilton Food Pantry because of Wilton’s generosity. Not only do Wilton residents donate generously and often, but thanks to the annual Wilton Rocks concert fundraiser “we really receive almost enough to run our food pantry for a year.”
Well done, Wilton, and bravo to Andy Schlesinger and the rest of the Wilton Rocks stars!
Portofino Now Closed for Renovation–But Take Out Remains Open
As we first reported would happen a few weeks ago, Portofino has officially closed its in-restaurant service in order to begin renovations and a makeover on the way to becoming a Red Rooster pub. But fans of the restaurant’s food are still in luck–the kitchen will remain open for take-out orders during the construction.