Eight properties changed hands last week (in nine transactions), according to information provided weekly from the town clerk’s office. Most newsworthy among them, was the sale for $2.32 million of 183 Ridgefield Rd., a home built in 1824. It’s described as, “One-of a kind antique on 13.50 sub-dividable acres with a barn… Original 1824 Victorian Colonial, two story, five bedrooms, one bath, 2,400 sq. ft. to be preserved. House and barn being sold as-is,” according to its listing. The home was owned by Anna Marie Schlichting for more than 40 years.
Update 3:30 p.m.: The realtor who represented the seller, Kevin O’Brien from O’Brien Premier Properties, LLC, said that the house was sold with no condition that it be preserved. “The buyer understands that the seller would like to see it preserved and hopefully he will preserve it,” O’Brien says.
All the sales last week, including addresses, photos and sale prices, were:
- Linda Artis sold 62 Village Ct. to Samira Vedanta and Amith Mamidala for $665,000.
- The estate of Anna Marie Schlichting sold 183 Ridgefield Rd. to 183 Ridgefield Rd. LLC for $2,320,000. (main article image)
- Robin and Deborah Findlay sold 23 Wicks End Ln. to Wallace and Jacqueline Shaw for $1,200,000.
- The Russel DiFranco estate (Veronica Venus trustee) sold 1039 Danbury Rd. (1/2 interest) for $342,500.
- The Veronica DiFranco estate sold 1039 Danbury Rd. (1/2 interest) for $342,500. (see above)
- Joseph and Mary Ellen Fazio sold 26 Wilton Hunt Rd. to Guizhou Hu and Hua Zhu for $987,000.
- Andrew Manton sold 26 Cavalry Hill Rd. to Eric and Alissa Helgesen for $749,000.
- Rosetta Lombardi sold 27 Hanford Ln. to Smishore Pillai, Sylaja Kumari and Deepa Balakrishnan for $450,000.
- Todd and Jennifer Shaffer sold 22 Wilton Hunt Rd. to Stephen and Catherine Georgallas for $855,000.