‘Stream and Bridge in Snowfall’ by Stanlee Wetzel was a winner in 2012 and was on the 2013 calendar.
Have you taken a photo of someplace in Wilton that you know would be perfect for a calendar? You’re in luck–the deadline has just been extended for photo submissions for this year’s Wilton Garden Club Photo Contest and 2014 Calendar. The theme of this year’s contest and calendar is “Wilton Walks” and the new deadline is Monday, Nov. 4.
Photos will be displayed at the Gilbert and Bennett Community Cultural Center in Georgetown, and the opening reception will take place Thursday, Nov. 7. The exhibit will run through the end of the year.
According to the Garden Club website, there are several guidelines:
1. Winter, spring, summer and fall photos are welcome.
2. All photos should be submitted in landscape format.
3. Only three (3) entries per person are allowed.
4. The location of the photo is required so that information can be included on the calendar.
5. Only one winning photo per photographer for the calendar.
6. Both black/white photos and color photos are acceptable.
An entry form needs to be included with any photograph(s) that is submitted. The entry form can be found on the Garden Club website.