The Wilton Volunteer Ambulance Corps (WVAC)is hiring. The organization is hoping to fill the part-time position of Vehicle and Buildings Administrator
According to a job description sent to GMW, the position is not expected to exceed 25 hours per week. It offers a flexible work schedule that includes weekends and evenings, and day and evening meetings as needed. The position reports to the president of WVAC.
The job summary lists the duties and responsibilities for the role:
- Oversee vehicle fleet (ambulances and fly cars) including maintenance, schedule repairs, RFP’s for new vehicle purchases, equipment maintenance, vehicle license renewals and annual inspections. Keep written documentation of vehicle maintenance and repairs,
- Oversee, order, and manage building and garage maintenance including purchasing supplies and coordinate repairs to building and garage. Both must be maintained in compliance with the Town lease
- Oversee, order, and manage medical equipment and medical supplies including inventory management, research and recommend new equipment, track issued equipment, radios, pagers, and go bags
- Provide input to annual budget
- Conduct Investigation and report on any incidence with vehicles
- Perform weekly Rig inspection and document findings
- Review nightly rig checks sheets and document items noted
- Attend meetings at the request of the Operations Committee
- Other duties as assigned
- Have current CT EMT certification and maintain certification while in job position
- Five years’ experience as EMT
- High school degree
- Pass background check
- Good organizational skills and computer literacy
- Good written and spoken English language and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
The Physical Demands of the position include:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit;
- must be able to lift and/or moves up to 50 pounds.
The salary offered is $20 per hour.
Interested parties should contact WVAC president, John Miscioscia via email with a resume, or call 203.246.7892.