Wilton, CT is a great place to live. Young families, rich history, beautiful landscapes—there is so much that is GOOD here.
The town deserves a really GOOD source of news.
So today we’re launching GOOD Morning Wilton, with just you in mind.
The kind of news you want to read, with the kind of information you need to know. News that’s reported, written and told by writers who live here and care a great deal about your town—about our town.
There’s no police blotter, there’s no news that doesn’t involve Wilton or the people who live here. And most importantly, it’s a news source about the community that respects what the word community means. This isn’t the place to cut down your neighbors, and it’s not a place for mean-spirited comments or commentary.
GMW.com is a place to connect with people who live and work here and who make Wilton an amazing town. It is a place to engage in Wilton in the way you need to—supporting businesses here, learning more about what’s happening in your children’s schools, helping organizations and neighbors in need. Most of all, it is a place to help make Wilton even greater.
GOOD Morning Wilton is the news you want, the news you need and the news we all deserve.
We hope you’ll say “Good Morning” every morning with us!
Please have a look around the site. There is so much here we hope you’ll enjoy and find useful. Here are some features of the site we think are great:
- Community links: On almost every page, including the home front page, we’ve compiled a list of links to community organizations and resources that can save you time when you’re looking for information you need. Are you on our Wilton Schools page and trying to learn about preschools in town? We’ve got links to them all. Thinking of moving to Wilton and you’ve found a house that might require some additional rehab work? We have links to the permit office on our Wilton Real Estate page. Each page has just what you need for the right subject. Just look for it in the right-hand column.
- “Monday Money Mob”—helping local businesses: On Monday each week, GOOD Morning Wilton will highlight a local business we encourage you to visit and support with your dollars. It’s like a weekly cash-mob, or what we’re calling “Monday Money Mob.” Please consider stopping by and checking out what the retailer-of-the-week has to offer, and tell your friends if you like what you see. Better yet, consider buying something and telling your friends where they can get one just like it! We welcome suggestions for “Monday Money Mob” retailers. Email your tips to email@example.com.
- Good Stuff This Week: Looking for great things to do or programs to take part in? We’ve got a great list right on the front page. There’s also a Good Stuff to Do page under the “Community” tab listing everything you’ll want to know about.
- Volunteer! Our Volunteer! page is a great resource for local organizations who are looking to recruit new helping hands for events or to help grow. It’s also a wonderful place to look when you want to get involved with worthy Wilton groups. Just look under the “Community” tab.
- Question of the Day: Sometimes serious, sometimes fun, our Question of the Day feature is always a place for your contribution. It’s another place for you to connect with your neighbors by offering your answer to our daily question about all things Wilton. Feel free to suggest a question you’d like answers to also! Look for it on the Home page or under the “Opinion” tab.