Even as construction continues apace at the Wilton Family YMCA, registration for early fall programming is also in full swing and open to the public.
“At the Wilton Family YMCA, we want all our community members to be active participants at the Y and take full advantage of all the wonderful class offerings available for adults and children alike,” says Bob McDowell, CEO of the Riverbrook/Wilton YMCA. “No matter what your passion is, the Wilton Family YMCA is committed to helping you achieve your goals. Whether it’s swimming, sports, health & wellness, childcare, gymnastics or exercise classes, you’ll find it here at the Wilton Family YMCA. We have the best variety of activities to keep you and your family healthy and happy!”
Early Fall programs include:
- sports conditioning for teens, personal training, boot camp, Zumba, and yoga.
- The Gymnastics Center offers parent child classes, as well as programs for preschoolers and kindergartners, rec and team programs.
- For those inspired to dance, the Dance Factory offers the Itsy-Bitsy Ballerina class for children 18-months–3 years old, and for older children there is ballet, tap, hip hop, and acrobatics.
- Preschool sports programs include tennis, soccer, t-ball and floor hockey; and youth sports include tennis, basketball, Tae-Kwon Do and martial arts/Tiger karate.
- The ever-growing archery and fencing programs are great for any age, any level. Junior Olympic Archery Development (JOAD) Program is a competitive program with participants competing in local and national tournaments.
- Special Olympics Gymnastics begins training this fall.
- Friends and Buddies, Roaring 20s and Basketball Outreach Program (BOP) are designed for friends with special abilities.
- Those looking to join the Wilton Y Wahoos swim team, evaluations take place on Wednesday, Sept. 4.
Online registration makes it easy to quickly check dates, times and fees, as well as sign up. For information on early fall programs and to register visit the Wilton Family YMCA online.