Wilton is entering budget season again, and discussions are being scheduled to hammer out the FY ’19 budgets for both the Town of Wilton and Wilton Public Schools. Wilton Superintendent Kevin J. Smith will be presenting his proposed budget to the Board of Education this Thursday, Jan. 18, at 7 p.m..
The Board of Education meets in the Professional Library, in the main Library of Wilton High School.
The discussion on the budget will take up the bulk of Thursday’s meeting, with the exception of updates from the Board chair Christine Finkelstein and Smith on items unrelated to the budget; and comments from the public.
The following week, Smith will bring his FY ’19 budget presentation to a public meeting, to which all Wilton residents are invited to attend. The presentation will take place from 7-8 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 25, in the Middlebrook Auditorium. After Smith runs through the proposed school budget public will be able to comment and give feedback.
The complete Budget Calendar has been set and meetings will occur on the following dates:
- Thursday, Jan. 18, Superintendent’s budget presentation to Board of Education.
- Jan. 22-24, BOE Budget workshops
- Thursday, Jan. 25, Superintendent’s public hearing on budget
- Thursday, Feb. 1, Board of Education workshop to review operating and capital budget proposals
- Monday, Feb. 5, Capital Budget discussion with Board of Selectmen (Town Hall)
- Tuesday, Feb. 13, BOE and Board of Finance meet to review proposed budget
- Wednesday, Feb. 21, BOF and BOE meet at BOE to review proposed budget–(if needed)
- Thursday, Feb. 22, Board of Education to approve Operating Budget
- Friday, March 2, final proposed budget due to Board of Finance
- Monday, March 26, Board of Finance holds Public Hearing on Board of Education Recommended Budget (Middlebrook School auditorium 7:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, March 27, Board of Finance Public Hearing on Board of Selectmen’s Recommended Budget including Board of Education Capital Plan (Middlebrook School auditorium 7:30 p.m.).
- Thursday, March 29, Cabinet and Leadership Team meet to discuss budget cuts (if needed).
- April 3, 4, and 5, Board of Finance holds Mill Rate Meetings.
- Tuesday, May 1, Annual Town Meeting.