The Town of Wilton launched its new municipal website platform on Tuesday, April 16. Officials say the new site will make it easier for residents and visitors to find information and also serve as the gateway to those who are not yet familiar with the community.
The new website will allow residents to more easily engage with Town government as residents will be able to sign up for email alerts from Town departments and Boards and Commissions, including emergency alerts.
The Town worked with CivicCMS, a regional government website provider, to make the website more engaging and to improve ease of use for visitors. There are a number of new features including:
- A revamped overall look and feel to the site.
- Improved navigation to make it more intuitive and user-friendly, including a top-of-the-page navigation menu which is organized to direct residents and visitors to helpful information.
- Residents will be able to sign up for “E-Alerts” of Town news & announcements, emergency alerts, meeting agendas & minutes, and employment opportunities.
- A “How Do I?” menu that makes it easy to find key information on the website.
- The “Resident Action Center” displays key information for residents including a Town Department Directory, Forms & Permits library, Online Payments, and Volunteer Opportunities.
- The “Business Action Center” provides existing and prospective businesses with easy access to information on Opening a Business, Zoning Regulations, Bids, and GIS (Geographic Information System).
- A robust search function to help residents find information on commonly requested services.
- “Responsive Web Design” which automatically restructures the content to optimize its ease-of-use for all device types including tablets and mobile phones. There is no mobile site or mobile app to download. Visitors will have easy access to the entire website’s content.