The Wilton business community has changed a bit with some recent comings, goings and moves. Here are the latest updates GOOD Morning Wilton has learned about:
- Wilton Hardware closed temporarily for the month of August to pack up its stock and store fixtures from 21 River Rd. in Wilton Center to move to its new location at 200 Danbury Rd./Sharp Hill Square. Town residents are eagerly awaiting the re-opening of their hometown hardware store, as is store owner Tom Sato. As soon as the town signs off on a certificate of occupancy, Sato said the store will re-open. GOOD Morning Wilton got a video sneak peek at the new store, which we’ll bring you as soon as Sato is able to open the doors to the public, hopefully early next week.
- Champagne Taste owner Andrea McLaughlin is happy about her move and reopening, with Champagne Taste staying within the Wilton River Park shopping plaza at 5 River Rd. Now, the boutique has a much more visible spot, right across from Stop and Shop and next to Craft 14, in the main plaza.
- Blue Star Bazaar is another boutique on the move and also expanding. Owner Megan LaBant Abrahamsen‘s continued success has steered the shop through two expansions since opening her Wilton brick-and-mortar location nine years ago. She’s growing once more (and introducing items for men as well as adding even more for women, teens and kids), as she moves from 237 Danbury Rd. … right next door to 239 Danbury Rd.! Abrahamsen, who grew up in Wilton and is a current resident, is hosting a grand opening celebration on Saturday, Sept. 10.
- Isabella Salon is relocating from the Piersall Building at 46 Old Ridgefield Rd. but not moving too far: look for Isabella’s new home at 81 Old Ridgefield Rd. next door to CVS.
- Soul Tribe Yoga is now part of Kaia Yoga, in the same spot at 80 Old Ridgefield Rd. (enter in the back of the building next to Scoops).
- A new children’s and maternity consignment shop has opened in Wilton. Loop de Loop is located at 24 Danbury Rd.
- Notable Closings: Wilton said good-bye to two businesses recently — The Well Natural Market at 33 Danbury Rd. closed at the end of August; Wilton Sport and Fitness further north up Danbury Rd. (644 Danbury Rd.) has also shut its doors for good.