Here’s a quick list of great Wilton events and programs happening over the weekend, Friday, May 30 through Sunday, June 1.
Have an event that’s not listed? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll put it up ASAP.
Friday, May 30
- Pizza and Beer Blast, 7-11 p.m., Wilton Riding Club, Riding Club Road: This event benefits the Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation, and includes pizza, beer and wine. Information and Registration are online. Tickets are $75, and organizers also welcome a tax-deductible donation.
Friday, May 30- Sunday, June 1
- Wilton Family YMCA Wahoo Swim Meet Weekend, Wilton YMCA, 404 Danbury Rd.: From Friday, May 30 to Sunday June 1 the 50-meter pool at the Wilton YMCA will be closed for a Wilton Wahoos swim meet. The 25-yard pool will be available for lap and recreational hours. The front parking lot is reserved this weekend for Wilton Family Y member use only.
- Wilton Y Wahoos Food Drive, Wilton YMCA, 404 Danbury Rd.: During the first outdoor swim meet of the season, the Wilton Y Wahoos will hold a food drive for the Danbury and Ridgefield Food Banks. All non-perishable food items can be donated, although items such as canned fruit, cereal, coffee, and peanut butter are in high demand.
Saturday, May 31
- Wilton Little League Softball Future Stars Day, 8–9:30 a.m., Middlebrook Softball Fields, 131 School Rd.: Wilton’s four girls’ A-team t-ball teams will be playing a doubleheader on Saturday, May 31. Any rising Kindergarten and First Grade girls interested in the sport can come to get a better idea of what the game is like and cheer on the players. The on-site concession stand will be open for the duration. The Middlebrook Softball Fields are behind the tennis courts to the left of the parking lots at Middlebrook School.
- Bankwell Shred Day, 9 a.m.–12 p.m., Bankwell, 47 Old Ridgefield Rd.: Have any old disks, credit cards or papers of personal nature that need to be disposed of safely? Bankwell’s 47 Old Ridgefield Rd. branch is offering a free shredding service from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday, May 31. Please limit anything brought to two, 2-foot square boxes.
- Tales to Tails, 11 a.m.–12 p.m., Wilton Library, 137 Old Ridgefield Rd.: Independently reading children may register to read to therapy dogs on Saturday, May 31 to practice their reading skills. The event is free, but registration is required. More information may be obtained at 203.762.3950 or wiltonlibrary.org.
- Teaching a New Generation How to Stitch, 2 p.m.–3:30 p.m., Wilton Historical Society, 224 Danbury Rd.: Attend one or both days (the class reconvenes June 14) to learn the basics of needlework and bring home a completed project. All ages are welcome! More information at: 203.762.7257.
Woodcock Nature Center Gala, “Evening Under the Stars,” 7-10 p.m.: Join the Woodcock Nature Center for their gala fund raising event, Evening Under the Stars. This will be a sophisticated evening of libations, gourmet hors d-oeuvres, live music, a great silent auction, and a candle-lit celebration of the natural world. The event will feature catering by Bernard’s and Sarah’s Wine Bar, cheeses from 109 Cheese, sweets by Heavenly Bites and wines by Cellar XV. Live folk/bluegrass music will be courtesy ofThe Angry O’Haras. This year WNC will be honoring Brooks Garis of Wilton and Betsy Thompson of Cellar XV in Ridgefield. Visit the Woodcock Nature Center website for more info and to purchase tickets.
Saturday, May 31 – Sunday, June 1
- Wilton Relay for Life, Registration begins 3 p.m., Wilton High School Track: Registration is on Saturday, May 31 from 3-5 p.m. Events include the Opening Ceremony, the Survivors’ Lap, the Caregivers’ Lap, the Luminaria Ceremony, Fight Back, and the Closing Ceremony. This year’s theme is “Peace Out, Cancer.” Information and registration are online.