On behalf of the Comstock Renovations Building Committee that was appointed by the Board of Selectmen last May, I welcome the opportunity to invite Wilton residents to a public information session at the Comstock Community Center on School Rd.. Our purpose is to inform you about the challenges and needs of that building (once known as the Strong Comstock School) and the proposed improvements and renovations. After the presentation we will answer your questions and provide a tour for those who are interested.
You have a choice of date and time: Wednesday, April 23, at 10:30 a.m. in the Senior Center Lounge or Thursday, May 1, at 7 p.m. in Comstock room #13.
We were charged by the selectmen with the task of extending the useful life of the Comstock building for another twenty years — with particular concern for the following objectives:
- meet current code requirements for occupants’ health, safety and access;
- enhance the comfort and security of employees and citizens using the facility;
- improve the inside and outside appearance of the building;
- allow for gradual program growth and flexibility; and
- utilize materials and systems that reduce operating and maintenance costs and conserve energy.
Comstock serves the townspeople of all ages as a community center, senior center, primary emergency center and food pantry while providing office and program space for Wilton’s Parks and Recreation Department, Department of Social Services and other town-related purposes.
Join us on April 23 or May 1. Learn about the proposed Comstock renovation plan that will be on the agenda of the Annual Town Meeting on May 6 (with adjourned voting on May 10) in the form of a request for bonding authorization in the amount of $9,900,000 for design, engineering, planning and construction.
Judy Zucker, chairman